Saturday, December 20, 2008

argh...

“Thou hast made us for thyself, O Lord, and our hearts are restless until they find their rest in thee.” -St Augustine

i've been feeling very restless lately, that sense of knowing something in my mind to be true, but not believeing (or KNOWING) it in my heart.

i know i can trust You, but i don't KNOW it, and so i keep going back to the same old junk, expecting new results (isn't that the definition of insanity?).

"We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and lust and ambition when infinate joy is offered to us, like an ignorant child who wants to keep on making mud-pie in the slums because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a vacation at the beach." If I really wanted to be happy, I would seek God. Oh, but God is abstract! It takes effort to reach God. So I settle. I settle for weak amusements that require no effort. What a lazy fool I am!!" - CS Lewis

argh...

No comments: