Thursday, November 29, 2007

BE STILL (February 18, 2001)

Intro: F# G D A F# G D A

A G1 D1 A1
In this life I’ve found many more questions than answers
A1 G1 D1 A1
And on this road I’ve traveled I’ve reached my share of dead ends
A1 G1 D1 A1
But I’ve realized that you’re got your own way of doing things
A1 G1 D1 A1
And it’s when I think I’m dying that you revive me again

You said,

CHORUS
G1 D1 F# G
Be still and know that I alone am God
G1 D1 F# G
Be still and you’ll find that I do all things in my time
G1 D1 F# G
Be still and you’ll see that I will always meet your needs
G A G1
Be still and know that I am God

D F# G G1 D F# G A

A G1 D1 A1
Many days I have waited for answers to my desperate prayers
A1 G1 D1 A1
And many tears I have cried in fear that you’d forgotten about me
A1 G1 D1 A1
But you have taught me your greatness through the weaknesses in my life
A1 G1 D1 A1
And Lord I’ve learned it’s patience that in the end will satisfy

‘Cause you said,

CHORUS

G1 D F# G G1 D F# G A

BRIDGE

F# G D A
I asked for patience and you told me to wait
F# G D A
I asked for friendship and it’s taken a while
F# G D A
I asked for wisdom, you let me see like a child
F# G D A
But this joy I have has made it all worth while
F# G D A
Yes Lord, this joy I have has made my waiting worth while

And now I can…
G1 D1 F# G
Be still and see that you alone are God
G1 D1 F# G
I will be still so I can find how you’ve done it all in your time
G1 D1 F# G
I will be still so I can see exactly how you’ve met my needs
G A G
I will be still and know that you are God
G A G1 D
I will be still and know that you are God

***i often "make up" chords and just assign them names like "G1". the bad thing is that now i have no idea what G1 really means...oh well...***

No comments: