Thursday, November 29, 2007

this is another one of my first songs (fall 1999ish), written after having a long talk with a good friend.


Crumble

Intro: G2 D Em C (capo on 1st)

G2 D Em
I sat and held her hand;
C G D Em
As the tears ran down, she told her story.
G2 D C2
But words could never express
C G D A7
The heartache that she’d long been hiding.
G2 D Em
And yet I felt I’d collapse
C G D Am
From the weight of what she finally told me.

Pre-Chorus:
C Em Am
She said, “I know I may look strong,
F
But somedays…

Chorus:
D Em C
When I walk I stumble,
D Em C
And then I fall and I crumble.
D Em C
And though I try to hide it,
D Am Em C
I don’t always do real well.
D Am C G D Am C G C2
No, I don’t always do real well.


G2 D Em
As we both sat in silence,
C G D C2
I felt her words sinking in.
G2 D Em
Although we may deny it,
C G D C2
We all have secrets we struggle with.



2nd Pre-Chorus:
C Em Am
I said, “You know, we all seem strong,
F
But somedays…

2nd Chorus:
D Em C
When we walk we stumble,
D Em C
And then we fall and we crumble.
D Em C
Although we try to hide it,
D Am Em C
We don’t always do real well.
D Am C G D Am C G
No, we won’t always do real well.

D Dsus D Dsus D

Bridge:
F2 C2 G2
But it’s not a battle to be fought alone;
Em C G Am
At some point we’ll have to let it all go,
F
‘Cause somedays…

2nd Chorus

No comments: